TYPES OF WEDDING DRESS TRAINS
Wednesday, September 9th, 2020 Wedding Ideas, Tips and Inspiration
TYPES OF WEDDING DRESS TRAINS
Whether you want to create a grand entrance, or want something sweet and simple, having a wedding train is a must have detail when it comes to your wedding dress. According to Brides , “A train is an extra length of fabric that extends from the back of your wedding dress and trails behind you as you walk. It could start from your waistline or be a detachable skirt or overlay that connects to your waist.”
Before setting your heart on a specific wedding dress, let's take an extra look at the different types of wedding dress trains.
Cathedral Train Wedding Dresses
If you’re the bride that wants all eyes on her, then a cathedral train is your best bet. This train measures at about 6 to 7 feet long from the waistline and gives you a grand entrance every time you walk into a room. Ideally suited for a bride planning on saying “I do” inside a formal or black tie wedding in a cathedral or on an estate. Due to this train's length, it will require some attention from your bridal party to keep this train looking flawless.
Our style Gala is a cathedral illusion lace train wedding dress that will leave your guests in awe as you walk down the aisle. The train is decorated with a metallic corded lace that is scalloped along the hem to create a waterfall effect. The deep illusion back shows off your sun kissed skin and includes a trail of buttons just before the skirt flows into a grand cathedral train with a hem lace finish. Wherever you’re choosing to say “I do” this train is the IT factor that will make your wedding over the top. Style Monaco features a unique illusion lace cathedral wedding train with a hem lace finish. The style of this train will have your guests in awe the moment they see you. Crystals, pearls, rhinestones, and 3-D lace appliques trace along the gown and down to the cathedral train for that shimmery elegant glow, making you the star of the night.
Semi-Cathedral Train Wedding Dresses
If you don’t want to have the maintenance of having a full cathedral wedding train, opt for a semi-cathedral length. This style is the perfect balance of a chapel and cathedral train, making it just long enough to make a statement without as much upkeep.
Style Oralee, is a sparkly A-line wedding dress with semi-cathedral train that will have you feeling like a fairy tale princess. Grand from the front and back, this beaded gown flows with romance and will have you feeling like royalty as soon as you step in it. The dreamy skirt fans out into a semi-cathedral train that includes a wide horsehair trim hem finish that will make you look like you’re floating. If you are searching for a more fitted silhouette Style Vienna is a perfect choice. This classic sweetheart mermaid wedding dress takes your look to the next level with its filigree accented illusion train. The train starts right under your behind creating a shapely figure and flattering accent as the train flares out into a statement leaf shaped design.
Chapel Train Bridal Gowns
The train that fits “just right” for every type of bride. Not too short, not too long, a chapel wedding train measures at about 3 feet from the waistline, giving you details without weighing you down. With a style that fits just on the spectrum of short and long, this train will match every bride out there!
Lace, vintage and glamorous, style Mera holds all the details that a high-fashion vintage bride would want. This boho lace wedding dress with a scalloped chapel train pairs with a sexy low back and will make your walk down the aisle timeless and beautiful. This style is great if you’re planning a beach or backyard wedding where you’ll want something lightweight and comfortable to move in. Love something with a little more sparkle? Style Madrid has captured our hearts! This full A-line lace wedding dress features embroidered lace appliques with sequins and a horsehair trim hem finish along the chapel train, perfect for a bride that wants that fairy tale princess wedding day look.
Sweep Wedding Dress Trains
Though this may be the shortest wedding train, it certainly is unforgettable. Also known as the “brush” train, this train reaches out a foot or less from where your skirt hits the floor. Beach and boho brides will love the laid back and casual look of this style, and the stress free feeling of wearing something light and accessible on their big day.
Style Lorelai is a cotton lace wedding dress with sweep train that is perfect for the indie bride. This gown features a charming tulle lace up back and a dreamy leaf shape lace train that will capture the hearts of your guests as you walk down the aisle. Perfect for a summer beach wedding, this dress is lightweight and easy to walk in along the sand.
Just like it’s name, Style Sunset will give you that wedding day glow. This boho A-line wedding dress includes organic leaf and vine lace appliques that continue along its sweep train, creating the perfect rustic finishing detail. If you’re planning on tying the knot in a romantic outdoor setting, then you’ll love the carefree sweep train and off the shoulder swag sleeves.
Detachable Wedding Trains
Not wanting to commit to just one look on your wedding day? An option that can transform your wedding day style is a detachable train. Not only will this add versatile details to your wedding day look but give you multiple bridal styles. Coming in two different styles of having it either clipped on the side of your waist or as a slip on overskirt, both look beautiful and are easy to put on.
A top choice among Val Stefani brides, Style Zia is a sparkly lace mermaid wedding dress with detachable train that is perfect for the bride that loves multiple wedding dress styles. With a quick hook onto either sides of the waist, this dress transforms from a mermaid silhouette and into a full skirt wedding gown with a charming chapel tulle train that will make your loved ones go still. For an even more luxurious finish beaded lace appliques finish the train, making you look timeless and beautiful! If you want something with a little more volume and emphasis though, Style Hydra is your match made in heaven. With a quick slip on over the head, the over skirt train modifies your wedding dress into a high-fashion couture style gown that will make a statement down the aisle. Made from the softest details, the cascade tulle skirt flows down elegantly like a waterfall and includes a satin waistband that will accentuate your curves, leaving you to look glamorous as ever.
Wedding Dress Trains: Additional Things to Consider
- Outdoor Backyard Venue : If you’re a bride planning a backyard wedding and want something a little more intimate, having a dress with a shorter train might be easier for you to maneuver in. The sweep train is just the right fit for you as it’s the shortest option and gives comfort all around. Though it may be short, it will still have the same wow factor that other trains include.
- Grand Cathedral Hall : A venue with so much art and history calls for something a little more drastic, a cathedral or semi-cathedral train. Beautiful and dramatic, these wedding dress trains make an entrance the moment the doors open in front of you. Your guests will be stunned at how beautiful you look as well as the intricate details that are embedded into your train.
- Classic City Hall : Planning a city hall wedding calls for a train that is as classic as it’s venue. Choose between either a chapel or detachable train to make your look complete! The chapel train gives you just enough fabric that will make a statement through the historical building, but also easy enough to swiftly move around in. The detachable train on the other hand, gives you two looks in the form of one. We recommend including the detachable train when taking your wedding photos along the long staircases, and remove it to reveal the form fitting mermaid wedding dress once you're in the courtroom to say “I do.”
- Winter Weddings : There’s nothing more magical than having a wedding during the Winter season. Having a cathedral or semi-cathedral train will only make it even more majestic and romantic with its long train details. The length of these two trains will paint your wedding day style to look like it came straight out of a fairy tale! If you’re planning on having a Winter Wonderland celebration, then you’ll love the way these trains follow behind.
- Summer and Spring Weddings : A fresh breeze of summer air and the blossoming floral flowers from spring make having a chapel or sweep train the perfect match for your wedding dress look. Not too short, and not too long, it sets perfectly. You’ll also appreciate not having to drag the train around under the sun or along the sand if you’re planning on getting married during the summer!
Fall Weddings : The wedding season that most brides tie the knot in! Having a fall wedding lets you play around with some more options. It can be cooler, or still have a little heat, depending on where you’re getting wed, that’s why we suggest having a detachable wedding train for this season. If you’re still in between styles and aren’t sure if you want something dramatic or simple, why not get both? You can choose to either dress up your gown with the detachable train or go with a style a little casual and remove the skirt.
Ball Gowns and A-Line Wedding Dresses : A dress with a little more fluff and volume, this type of gown fits best for brides that have a pear shaped or lean bodies as well. Cathedral trains are perfect for this silhouette and will give you that princess bride look you’ve been searching for. On the other hand, A-line silhouettes pair well with any type of train, making it flattering for all brides.
Mermaid Wedding Dresses: A little more form-fitting on the bride's body, we love the way semi-cathedral, chapel or even sweep trains pair with this wedding dress. Because the skirt on this style gown flares out at the knees, having a long train, only adds more dramatic details to your look.
No matter what type of train you choose, you’re sure to look like the goddess bride you were meant to be! Find your nearest local bridal boutique , to consult with your stylist about which Val Stefani wedding train is the perfect match for you.